If you have been into the guitar for any reasonable amount of time, you must look for one of the best phaser padels first. They are modulation effect gadgets which simply alter the phase, frequency, and pitch of an audio signal while retaining the amplitude in a process called the phaser effect. The best phaser pedals block out certain kinds of undesired frequencies in your signal, leading to changes in the depth of notches. This adjusts the highs and lows giving you the resonance and pitch you want.
Moreover, music is like food, everyone has their own taste and preferences. Before buying a phaser pedal, it is best to have a clear idea of how you intend to use the effect. We’ve provided you with this detailed guide to save you the hassle of skimming through the multitudes of product descriptions and user reviews when you decide to make a purchase.
How to choose the best Phaser pedals for you
Depending on the kind of tone you are after, you can decide to go simple or switch to complex guitar effects. The model you settle should allow you to adjust the speed, resonance, and depth of the highs and lows.
Analog or digital
With phaser pedals, you can either go for the older analog circuits or the more current digital phasers. Analog options give a clearer tone, but when you want to add some thickness to the tone, then a digital phase effect can do you wonders.
Ease of use
Phasers may be more basic modulation effects, but they are not that simple to use. You have some important rules to follow to get the best performance out of it. Those trying out phrase effects for the first time ought to look out for simple pedals with limited configurations.
Best Phaser Pedals Shortlist
Whether you are getting started with phrase pedals or want to learn more, below are some of the best options you can buy to suit all classes of musicians.
|TC Electronic||Helix||Stereo I/O|
|Behringer||VP1||Jet Plane Effects|
1. Digitech SP-7 Hardwire Stompbox Stereo Phaser
Guitarists and bassists who want total control over the effects will be amused at the allowance for in-depth control offered by the DigiTech Hardware Stompbox phaser. If you are looking for nice phaser effect to explore, you should definitely consider this unit.
- The intuitive knob controls let you adjust the speed, depth, modify and the type of phaser effect to give a unique sonic tune that fits your style of play.
- You will be impressed at how pure this unit manages to maintain the original tone courtesy of the internal bypass.
- It was also thoughtful of the company to ensure the voltage operation is constant to do away with any clipping and signal degradation that is a result of power drain.
- The premium all-metal construction means the pedal will serve you consistently for ages.
- It comes with a Velcro pad for mounting.
- The stomp lock ensures a snugly fit of the knobs to ensure the fine-tuned settings are not affected by intense use.
If you seek a pedal that sounds better on its own and makes play much more interesting, then look no further than this decent tool. It offers a wide range of customizable options and will add shimmering effects to your guitar tracks.
2. Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter Guitar Effects Pedal
This phaser pedal adds the same analog warmth to just about every music genre that uses the guitar. It is great sounding and gets you to the sweet spot without having any adverse effects on your tone. The pedal offers both vintage and modern phasing, and
- This piece allows you choose from the various stages thanks to is classic multi-stage phasers.
- By connecting to the optional expression pedal, you get to enjoy real-time control of the rate, filters, and tempo of the tone.
- This device is powered by an included 9V dry battery, it also comes with a 9V input jack for power supply and an AC adapter so you need not worry about spending more on batteries.
- There is an LED light that notifies you when the device is powered on.
- The rise and fall modes give unidirectional phasing.
- It is lightweight and portable.
The low price clause makes this phaser pedal an easy access to pros and beginners alike. It is great sounding and has an unmistakably lavish voice, perfect for anything from in-house jamming to professional performances.
3. TC Electronic Helix Phaser Pedal
You can’t do better than this phaser if you want something affordable that still puts it out and adds warmth to the peaks and troughs just like the high end buys. Without having to pay any extra, you get to enjoy the pleasure of incorporating beautiful classic phaser effects into your tracks with the Helix phaser pedal.
- The best part is that this unit is TC Electronic’s proprietary software, Toneprint. By tweaking the
- provided knobs you get to switch to familiar classic and modern tunes.
- The button allows you to choose from vintage, smooth or Toneprint effects.
- You are also free to personalize the tune without affecting the clear and distinct sound that can still be
- heard clearly within the thickness of the effect.
- Includes TonePrint editor which offers more customization.
- Dual inputs and outputs make it suitable for stereo use.
- Features a true buffered bypass.
It was complimentary of TC electronics to build this outrageous yet impressive piece at a convenient price point. It delivers as advertised and is worth every penny it costs.
4. MXR EVH90 Phase 90
This phaser pedal was specifically built for guitarists and bassists who want the best phaser effects without having to pay a premium for it. The EVH 90 is simply an updated version of the Phase 90 that was built as collaboration among Dunlop Manufacturing and Eddie Van Halen.
- It is stylish with red color and white and black stripes similar to Van Halen’s legendary Frankenstein guitar.
- The EVH90 still boasts the impressive hypnotic warbles and spacey swirls that Phase 90 is praised for.
- The toggle switch allows you to switch between vintage tone and modern phasers.
- It is compact and lightweight making it comfortable to carry around.
- It has a manual to assist you if you are new to phaser pedals.
This unit is simple to operate and still delivers incredibly high-quality modulation. It is also stylish and attractive making it a go-to option for guitarists who want to add a sense of style to their pedal board.
5. MXR M-107 Phase 100 Guitar Phaser Effects Pedal Bundle with 2 Path Cable
The MRX M-107 Phase 100 offers a whole other level of modulation and gives amazing sounds that match any attack and playing styles. Just like its more compact predecessor the Phase 90, this unit produces a wide variety of effects.
- There are two knobs for adjusting the speed and choosing between the four levels of intensity to let you shape the waveform to suit your preference.
- The footswitch toggle switches the unit on or bypass. It uses a 9V battery but can still be powered using an AC adapter.
- Its metal casing promises years of steady use while the entire unit is easy and straightforward to utilize.
- Comes with two patch cables.
- A red LED indicates if the phaser pedal is on.
Add spice to your tone by employing the beautiful recognizable phase effects the Phase 100 produces. You can go ahead and grab your piece today and you will surely be glad you did.
6. Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer – Classic
It would be unfair to end the list without including the Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer. It adds much more richness to the tone and gives an absolutely amazing sound that will impress even the most demanding guitarists.
- This unit has three knobs for the speed, tone, and level. These offer a more customized experience and a variety of classic effects to suit your playing styles.
- It is covered by a solid metal case which can take a serious beating and serve you for decades.
- It is small and lightweight adding to its portability.
- It is highly durable.
Setting this thing up with your guitar means you get to add some awesome effects while still allowing the notes you are playing to cut through well. It incredibly easy to use, in fact, you can simply use it even if you have never used one.
7. Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby Wah Guitar Effects Pedal
If you are looking for something different, yet still maintaining the same tone and offering the same level of effectiveness, then here you go.
- Here you rock your foot back and forth on the pedal to toggle between phrase tones and change the waveform.
- You can decide to increase the treble by pressing the toe down or boost the base by applying more pressure on the heel. Set resonance and switch modes to achieve an amazing tone of your choice.
- From the solid and rugged construction it boasts, you can tell that this thing was clearly built to last a lifetime.
- It is backed by a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase.
- The package includes a user manual for ease of use.
This pedal can easily offer you the tone you need and will add warmth and girth to it as well. It is a new standard set and it is difficult for any other phaser pedal to beat this level of innovativeness.
8. MXR M101 Phase 90
The MXR Phase 90 pioneered and has been around for quite a while and still manages to rank high among the most liked phaser pedals. It is your ideal pick if you are in the market for something massive sounding, simple to control and ready to use out of the box.
- From a quick glance, this analog unit is quite simple and features only one-speed knob used to adjust the frequency of the phase.
- The legendary swoosh sounds like it adds to your tone makes it a go-to option for many. It simply does its job and does nothing more.
- The class of music doesn’t make a difference, and neither does the kind of instrument, you still get the same vintage phrase effect you have always wanted.
- It is quite affordable.
- It’s very easy and straightforward to use.
This gadget is built solid and produces reliable and innovative phase effects. It is a worthy purchase an excellent addition to your pedal board.
9. JOYO D-SEED Dual Channel Digital Delay Guitar Effect Pedal with Four Modes
This is one of the most versatile modulation effects on the market today. It provides all the essential functions guitarists may want and adds warmth and definition to your play without overshadowing your original tone.
- This pedal is dual channel, with separate effect settings for each.
- Set the delay time you want by simply pressing the TAP TEMPO switch(COPY mode, ANALOG, REVERSE, MODULATION 7 modes)
- There are four easy to use knobs for tuning the Mix, Mode, Time and Feedback.
- Two LED lights included, one indicates ON/OFF while the other indicates the channel.
- Many attractive colors and design to match your taste.
- User manual included for easy use.
If you are looking for something that sounds as good as it looks and is still within a convenient price range then you can’t do better than this phaser pedal. It performs as excellently in the studio as it does when playing live making it a fantastic addition to your guitar playing gear.
10. BEHRINGER VINTAGE PHASER VP1
Get your speakers bursting nasty with the beautiful tone this great piece gives out. You still enjoy the pleasure of incorporating quality vintage phaser effects without having to spend a fortune.
- The makers promise three-dimensional phase shifting to play with that ranges from rotary speaker to jet plane effects. You will find a color switch that you can use to fine-tune the speed and tone of the effects.
- The unit relies on a 9V battery for power, you can still purchase a DC power supply.
- Like other competitive models in this list, this phaser pedals features an LED light that light to indicate if the unit is on.
- The general build it prides itself on is rugged and solid to ensure it holds up to long-term use.
- It includes a true hardwire bypass that delivers quality signals.
- Additional color option available.
Plug this pedal in and run your guitar with it and you will get hooked on the deep and intense classic effects it adds to your tone. It is an excellent choice for rock and classical music styles.
Things To Consider When Using The Best Phaser Pedals
While most phaser pedals come with batteries, others still allow you to purchase a separate AC cable for power. Depending on what is easily accessible to you, opt for something that will be convenient for you.
Using an instrument cable, connect the guitar to the input and the amp to the output. Some models offer connection cables while others only come with batteries.
The most common controls you should expect to find on your phaser include.
- Speed / Rate: Just as the name suggests, adjusting the speed controls the speed of the component that determines the position of the filters. A higher speed, therefore, means a higher speed of the peaks and troughs and higher levels of swirling to your sound.
- Level: Here you get to tune the amount of effect that is applied to the dry input signal. A higher level will mean so much effect that you may not recognize the sound of your guitar.
- Depth: Altering the depth affects the extent of the peaks and troughs in the all-pass filter. Deeper peaks and troughs will produce a more warped sound.
- Feedback: by setting the feedback, you get to adjust the level of the output signal which is fed back into the input. A very high feedback can, however, distort the sound quality.
If you find pleasure in playing your guitar with a throbbing theoretical tone, then a phaser pedal will be right for you. The models we have featured in this detailed guide will give airy and ambient effects and add more warmth to your plucked cleans. Finally, pick the options that suit you and get to enjoy what others have been enjoying all along.
Choose other best phaser pedals
|1||Other MXR M290 Phase 95 Mini Guitar Effects Pedal||$88.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Electric Guitar Phase Effect Pedal Mini Single Type DC 9V True Bypass (Vintage Phase)||$21.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||MXR M101 Phase 90 Guitar Effects Pedal||$73.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Joyo JF-06 Vintage Phase Guitar Pedal||$34.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||TC Electronic Helix Phaser Pedal||$194.99||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2019-11-14 at 16:27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API